SC State Fair Policies
To protect everyone's safety and security, we ask that all of our guests follow our rules and policies.
After 6:00 pm, everyone under the age of 18 is required to be accompanied by a parent to enter the fairgrounds.
We may ask for ID as proof of age. Anyone under 18 without ID who is not accompanied by a parent will not be admitted after 6:00 pm.
Offensive Clothing Policy
Anyone wearing clothing or jewelry or other personal items that fair management deems offensive or gang-related will not be allowed on the fairgrounds. Exceptions and challenges will be answered at the discretion of fair management.
Security and Safety Policies
Our visitors' safety is our top concern. Surveillance cameras will be operating throughout the fairgrounds every day of the fair. The property is under jurisdiction of the Richland County Sheriff's Department and the Columbia Police Department, and about 200 law enforcement officials are on the grounds during the fair.
We reserve the right to search your person and all personal items upon your arrival.
Items Not Permitted
- Selfie Sticks
- Concealed Weapons (even by permit holders)
- Outside Food and Beverages
- Pets (except service animals, leashed on the campgrounds, or as part of an authorized act or exhibit)
- Tents (unless part of an authorized act or exhibit)
Drones and unmanned aircraft systems are strictly forbidden on or above fairground property, in compliance with FAA regulations and out of concern for our guests' safety. Fairground events are close to Hamilton-Owens airport, Williams-Brice stadium, and other public gatherings where drones may pose a threat to safety and security. Law enforcement officials will be notified immediately if this policy is violated.
Soliciting, selling raffle tickets, and posting handbills is strictly prohibited, and is in violation of state statutes and city ordinances.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in these areas: Buildings, the Pepsi Grandstand, Kiddieland, all livestock barns and surrounding areas, and horse arena and viewing stands.
Code of Conduct
- Use proper trash and recycling receptacles.
- Appropriate attire required at all times (shirt and pants, shirt and skirt, or dress, and shoes).
- No alcoholic beverages permitted, including in parking lots.
- No backpacks.
- No concealed weapons (even by permit holders).
- No activities or behavior that could endanger or annoy others (skateboarding, roller blading, bicycling, radios, profanity).
- No exposed underwear or baggy pants below the waist.
- No outside food or beverages.
- No gang-related clothes, colors, signs, jewelry, or activities.
- No loitering, blocking storefronts, or walking groups that inconvenience others.
- No standing on chairs or benches.
- No pets, except service animals approved by the ADA, those leashed on the campgrounds, or those part of an authorized act or exhibit.
- No picketing, distributing handbills, soliciting, or petitioning without approval from fair management.
- No smoking in any buildings, the Pepsi Grandstand, Kiddieland, livestock barns and surrounding areas, or the horse arena and viewing stands.
Ticket Sales Policies
- No re-sale or public promotion of SC State Fair tickets.
- All companies, organizations, and individuals are welcome to purchase tickets or ride wristbands.
- Only authorized firms are able to use fair tickets for sale or promotion to the public.
- Consignment or other purchase of tickets are available on the premise that they will be used by the individuals purchasing them, or for employees or immediate family members of companies and organizations purchasing them.
- If we find a violation with our ticket sales policy, we reserve the right to void all tickets purchased.
- All tickets, wristbands, and coupons become void after the last day of the fair.