Photography & Video Footage Guidelines for Individuals or Crews During the 12 Days of the State Fair
Photography and video are allowed on the fairgrounds during the 12 days of the fair as long as the following guidelines are adhered to:
- The South Carolina State Fair has a clear bag policy. A professional or amateur photographer not employed by the South Carolina State Fair must complete a photography request form (located at the bottom of this page) and wait for approval and entry instructions before bringing equipment to the fairgrounds.
- All individuals or crews taking still photographs or video footage must be self-contained and “mobile” with no free-standing equipment such as lights, backdrops, electrical cords, etc.
- Individuals or crews cannot impede foot or vehicle traffic or interfere with any exhibit, vendor space, performance or fair guest experience (this includes a request to suspend operations of any of those listed above to accommodate a shoot)
- Video footage or photography of free entertainment without prior permission, is strictly prohibited. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission.
- There is no unauthorized use of photo, video and sound equipment permitted on any of the rides or ticketed attractions. Please contact the marketing department with any specific questions at email@example.com.
- The South Carolina State Fair prohibits unauthorized operation or use of any unmanned aerial vehicle on or above the South Carolina State Fairgrounds year-round. This includes all UAVs, commonly known as “drones,” regardless of commercial or recreational purpose. Any UAV(s) observed at or near the South Carolina State Fairgrounds will be reported to local law enforcement and the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Individuals or crews taking photographs or gathering video footage cannot advertise or distribute any promotional materials or information (such as flyers, stickers, buttons, brochures, etc.) while on the fairgrounds.
- The South Carolina State Fair cannot grant permission to photograph company logos on concession stands or exhibits. Videographers/photographers are responsible for seeking permission from the business owner(s).
- The South Carolina State Fair cannot grant permission for still photography and/or filmed interviews. Videographers/photographers are responsible for seeking permission (if it is required) from the individual(s) being photographed or interviewed.
- The South Carolina State Fair cannot grant permission to photograph or shoot footage of scenes outside the fairgrounds, as that area is property of the City of Columbia. Contact the City of Columbia with any questions.
- The South Carolina State Fair reserves the right to terminate any photography or filming on the fairgrounds that it deems inappropriate or intrusive.
- Per our general liability insurance company, Professional photographers must provide a contract and a certificate of liability insurance listing the State Agricultural and Mechanical Society of South Carolina/ DBA the South Carolina State Fair as additional insured, for the Certificate holder it needs to read State Agricultural and Mechanical Society of South Carolina, SC State Fair, PO Box 393, Columbia SC 29202. The COLI must cover $1,000,000.00 for each occurrence.
The South Carolina State Fair reserves the right to photograph, film, videotape, record or otherwise reproduce the image and/or voice of any/all persons who enter the Fairgrounds, and use same, for any purpose without payment or compensation to individual(s) photographed.
Note: If you are looking to take photographs or video footage during the non-fair time on the fairgrounds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions, please contact the marketing & communications department email@example.com.
Photography Request Form
The South Carolina State Fair is interested in using your photography for South Carolina State Fair social media and other promotions. If you are interested in sharing with no expectation of payment or promise of use by the fair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will give photo credit.