Livestock Scholarship Programs & Applications
SC Farm Bureau provides $11,500 in scholarships for youth livestock competitions:
- Two $2,500 scholarship to the winners of the Junior Beef Competition
- $2,000 scholarship to the winner of the Junior Dairy Competition
- $2,000 scholarship to the winner of the Equine Youth Competition
- $1,500 scholarship to the winner of the Junior Swine Competition
- $1,000 scholarship to the winner of the Youth Meat Goat Competition
The SC Pork Board and the SC Pork Producers Association provides $1,000 for Youth Swine competitions:
- $1,000 to second place winner of the Junior Swine Competition
The SC Horsemen's Council provides $2,000 in scholarships for Youth Equine competitions:
- $1,500 to second place winner of the Youth Equine Competition
- $500 to third place winner of the Youth Equine Competition
- Open to youth residents of South Carolina.
- Applicant must be exhibiting at the South Carolina State Fair Beef, Dairy, Swine, Equine, or Meat Goat Show the year of application and competing in SENIOR showmanship.
- Applicant must be a high school student in grade 10, 11, or 12, or enrolled in a college four-year program or a recognized 4-year technical degree program.
- Applicant must not have passed his/her twentieth (20) birthday as of the date of the Junior Show.
- Previous winners of a SC Farm Bureau Federation Scholarship are not eligible.
- Applicant must at some future date pursue a four-year degree or a recognized 4-year technical degree program.