SC State Fair, Pawmetto Lifeline to hold pet supply drive
Apr 10, 2019
COLUMBIA, S.C. – April 10, 2019– The South Carolina State Fair and Pawmetto Lifeline will hold a pet supply drive April 15-18 at the fairgrounds, 1200 Rosewood Drive, Columbia.
The supplies will benefit Pawmetto Lifeline, which seeks to solve companion pet homelessness through retention programs for the Midlands community.
The following items are needed:
- Dry dog and cat food any brand
- Canned dog and cat food any brand
- 30-gallon trash bags and tall kitchen trash bags
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- Small, medium & large dog collars
- Antibacterial soap & liquid laundry detergent
- DAWN dish washing soap and dishwasher detergent
- Metal collapsible dog crates and plastic cat carriers
- Dog and cat toys
- Plastic grocery bags
- Old newspapers for puppy fosters
Supplies can be dropped off between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. April 15-18 at The Rocket just inside the fairground’s Rosewood Drive entrance.
“Animal rescue is an enormous undertaking, and there is an abundance of supplies needed every day,” said S.C. State Fair manager Nancy Smith. “The fair is excited to take part in this effort, and we hope Midlands residents will help this worthwhile organization save more dogs and cats.”
For more information about the supply drive, call 803-799-3387.
The South Carolina State Fair is a charitable organization dedicated to preserving and promoting South Carolina’s agricultural roots while supporting statewide education. The 150thanniversary fair will run Oct. 9-20.